Karl Eschelbach Memorial
The Triangle of Opportunity and Tazewell and Woodford County loss one of its finest leaders and volunteers on Saturday January 20, 2018. Karl Eschelbach has served on our board since 1996. He was instrumental in many of the past projects and always had a new adventure up his sleeve. He will be so missed by all who knew him. Here is a link to his memorial:
Triangle of Opportunity
Communities located between I-74, I-55 & I-155
WELCOME to the Triangle of Opportunity web site. It is our hope the information provided on this site will be of value to you.
The Triangle of Opportunity celebrates 25-years of existence. In 1993 a group of farsighted individuals decided there was a need for some of the small communities to form an organization to promote common goals. As a result of this need the "Triangle of Opportunity" was formed. The purpose of the "Triangle" is to improve the quality of life for the residents in the area bound (and adjacent) to interstates 74, 55, and 155.To achieve this goal we strive to:
- We encourage other villages to join the Triangle of Opportunity
- We support an increasing in the economic development base for our area.
- We promote and support regional educational opportunities.
- We support establishment of recreational activities/facilities.
- We support the establishment of new businesses and business retention.
- We promote tourism in our communities.
For an overview of our activities see "Goals".